On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me …
Five golden gifts
Four colly chocolate lava cakes
Three French Champagne cocktails
Two sugar cookie turtle doves
and a partridge in a pear tart!
All that glitters IS GOLD! And the holidays are the perfect time to add a little glitter to your life.
I love this gold wrapping paper I picked up at Anthropologie a couple of years ago. Pair it with a glittery ornament and the recipient might not want to open it. (Lauren, if you’re reading this, this one is heading your way).
Gold is so on trend right now and instead of just getting “5 golden rings” on the 5th day, why not get 5 golden gifts? Here are some of my favorite golden themed gift ideas:
1. Gold Leaf Gift Tage ($8) Angela Allen
I saw these gift tags at Porter Flea over the weekend and thought that they would be perfect for lots of holiday gifts. I love the look of the casual utilitarian tag painted with a gold leaf.
2. Arte Italica Vetro-Gold Dessert Plate ($70) The Registry
I have a couple of these beautifully intricate plates with a silver appliqué but just love the gold. Pair the dessert plates with your existing china to really dress up any table setting.
3. “Very Rich Strass” Christian Louboutins ($3,995) christianlouboutin.com
If you are going to buy million dollar shoes, don’t buy nude pumps that you can wear with anything … buy sparkly show-stoppers that will leave everyone in the room talking. These peep-toe pumps are encrusted with crystals that will add spectacular sparkle to any little-black-dress.
4. Gold-Dipped Flatware ($38). anthropologie.com
I love mixing metals. Usually, I think of it in terms of jewelry but love the idea of mixing metals in decor as well. I’m already planning my New Year’s table and am totally inspired by this flatware to mix gold, silver and glitter.
5. Titania Ring ($225) calypsostbarth.com
This citrine gemstone has the most beautiful golden tone. It is delicate and elegant but still chunky enough to make a statement.
6. The Gold Bottom Dish ($42) upintheairsomewhere.com
I have fallen in love with the dishes and ceramic pieces from “Up in the Air Somewhere.” They are delicate and perfectly-imperfect. The uneven edges look beautiful stacked and I love this little golden dish for rings, keys or change.
7. Wishbone Bottle Opener ($14) anthropologie.com
The wishbone is a Thanksgiving family tradition that I look forward to every year. This bottle opener reminds me of all those wishes made throughout the year making every hour happy hour.
8. Faux Gold Roil Roland Dahl Print ($12) Oh My Deer
Local artist and calligrapher, Chelsea Petaja, makes the most beautiful posters and prints with heart-warming quotes and verses. Follow her blog at ohmydeerhandmades.com.
9. Tilden Booties ($140) anthropologie.com
It’s all about the bootie right now and while Louboutins are breathtaking, these Seychelles booties are more my style. This metallic pair steps up jeans and a tee with equal parts old Western comfort and city chic style.
10. Paillette Glass, The Registry
I photographed these glasses once for a Nashville Lifestyles cover and have loved them since. They feel so special and are perfect for any holiday celebration (especially New Years). Cheers!
11. Kate Spade “All That Glitters” pave idiom pendant ($58) katespade.com
I love the engraving on the back side of this twinkling pendant. I told you all that glitters is gold!
12. Textured Hoops ($68) Judith Bright
I literally wear these hoops everyday. Judith is one of my very favorite local Nashville jewelry designers and these gold hoops go with every outfit.
- 12 Days of Christmas: Sugar Cookie Turtle Doves (stylingmyeveryday.com)
- 12 Days of Christmas: Chocolate Lava Cakes (stylingmyeveryday.com)
- 12 Days of Christmas: A French Themed Cocktail Party (stylingmyeveryday.com)