Favorites From My Make-Up Bag
I am a sucker for beauty products. I love samples, trying new make-up and different colors but always return to my tried-and-true favorites. These are the ones that I continually go back to. Welcome to my make-up bag:
1. Browmousse by Tweezerman ($12). I have unruly eyebrows (there I said it). This mousse shapes the brow line for perfect precision all day. Grab it at The Cosmetic Market in Nashville or at tweezerman.com.
2. D&G 3 L'Imperatrice ($69). I was addicted to Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue for years. L'Imperatrice (I can't say it either ... just remember that the bottle is labeled "3") is a softer cleaner version of the Light Blue fragrance. It has a fruity, just-out-of-the-shower feel to it that I love. Available at Sephora.
3. NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna ($36). Ok, it has taken me a long time to be able to say this but ... I am addicted to bronzer. I just had my 10 year high school reunion and looking back at photos of myself from high school I was mortified by my overuse of bronzer! Luckily I have my addiction under control these days and have realized that you really just need bronzer to highlight your cheekbones. NARS Laguna is my absolute fav. NARS is available almost everywhere—I grab mine at Nordstrom when I'm in The Mall at Green Hills.
4. Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara ($25). I read in a magazine years ago that this was the best mascara and it really is. The best. It will change your life. I order it in bulk from Sephora.
5. evo Happy Campers Hand Working Moisturizer ($25). I got this as a sample when I was working at the magazine and fell in love. It is a light weight (but effective) leave-in conditioner that provides UV protection. I use it everyday. It is a product from the UK and hard to find here. I order it from sleekhair.com.
6. SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 ($34). SUNSCREEN is SO IMPORTANT! This one is light-weight but packs a big punch with an SPF 50. skinceuticals.com.
7. Therapy Systems Lipstick ($20). Creamy and long-lasting, this lipstick provides color and looks natural. Grab it at Therapy Systems or at The Cosmetic Market.
8. Yves Saint Laurent LE TEINT TOUCHE ÉCLAT Illuminating Foundation ($55). I have tried lots of other foundations but I keep coming back to this YSL foundation. It is worth every penny. Sephora.
9. Therapy Systems Retinol Cellular Treatment Cream ($68). As I've gotten older my "cute" freckles have just become sun spots that have started to migrate together to make dark blotches. This retinol cream helps even out my skin tone. Grab it at Therapy Systems or at The Cosmetic Market.