I love the look and taste of cherries! Nothing is cuter than a bowl full of cherries. I received this adorable “Farmer’s Market Basket” in aqua from a coworker as a gift and use it constantly! Find it HERE at Anthropologie.
It’s hard for me to resist this adorable fruit when I see it in the grocery. After I took this picture in my kitchen I made it my desktop background and thought you might want to too!
I ended up dipping these cherries in chocolate and white chocolate along with some strawberries to surprise Jacobs with an after dinner treat. Godiva chocolate dipped strawberries are like $7 EACH (I know right?!). I can dip an ENTIRE pint for less than that! Here’s how:
- First and foremost … Turn on Frank Sinatra and pour a glass of wine. This is a very important step … do not skip.
- Rinse, but do not hull the strawberries. Rinse and pit cherries. Leave steams on fruit. Drain and pat completely dry (chocolate will not stick to wet fruit).
- Put 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Fill medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat and set the bowl of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with waxed paper or use a silicone mat.
- Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the bottom half of each strawberry in the melted chocolate. Twist the strawberry so that the chocolate forms a “tail” at the end. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the cherries.
- Repeat process with white chocolate.
Super easy. Super sexy. You’re welcome.